Celebrate inquiry-based learning
8th Annual Inquiry@Queen's
Undergraduate Research Conference
Queen's Learning Commons, Stauffer Library,
March 6-7, 2014
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Join students and faculty from departments across Queen’s at
annual showcase of independent or course-based undergraduate research.
Who can present?
- Undergraduate students with research project results to share.
What kind of research projects?
- Course work, directed study projects, honours theses, internship or practicum projects, volunteer research and more! Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Queen's Learning Commons, Stauffer Library.
Why take part?
- Experience an academic conference and use that experience to distinguish your resumé for graduate school applications and career opportunities.
- Enhance post-graduate and career skills (critical thinking, effective writing, presentation skills).
- Engage in scholarly communication with students and faculty from many disciplines.
What form will presentations take?
- You can choose to present your research in either a 15-minute presentation (with an additional five minutes for questions), or as a poster presentation.
What support will be provided?
- Your abstract will be read by a reviewer who will give you valuable feedback.
- Optional workshops on oral and poster presentation skills and effective PowerPoint skills.
- Space for you to practice your presentation prior to the conference if you choose.
- Financial support for the printing of poster presentations.
How do I submit?
Click here to submit your abstract.